ON THE DAY TEAM
To try and improve access for urgent and new problems we have developed an on the day team. The team consists of a paramedic, advanced nurse practitioner and practice nurse. The duty GP provides oversight and supervision as required.
How to book
Please call reception on 01728 723627 to book an appointment. It is important that you give an indication why the appointment is required so that our care navigators can ensure that you are booked with the right person.
What is appropriate to be seen?
- Urgent problems that need to be seen that day
- New or minor illness such as chest infections, ear infections & urine infections
- Skin lesions and rashes
- Mental health problems that cannot wait but are an emergency
- Emergency contraception
The list is not exhaustive
What is not appropriate?
Medical emergencies- can we link to page ‘what to do in an emergency
If it is a medical emergency, you should call 999 Examples of medical emergencies are listed below (this list is not exhaustive).
The care navigators may ask you to put down the phone and call 999
- Severe chest pain that could be a heart attack
- Severe shortness of breath
- Suspected stroke (sudden weakness of face, part of the body or a speech problem)
- Heavy uncontrollable bleeding
- Unconsciousness or loss of consciousness
- Head injury with loss of consciousness or confusion
- Severe allergic reaction
- Severe burns
- Overdoses and poisoning
- Sickle cell crisis
- Delirium tremens (severe alcohol withdrawal)
- Heat stroke
- Electric shocks
- Smoke inhalation
- High fever with a stiff neck and headache (possible meningitis)
- Deep wounds
- Suspected fracture and you cannot get to A&E yourself
- Severe infections or you suspect sepsis.
- Dressings - please book an appointment with the nurse/HCA
- Blood tests - please book a blood test appointment
- Animal bites - please book an appointment with the nurse/HCA
- Wound infections-please book an appointment with the nurse/HCA
- Long term condition reviews
- Medication reviews
- Medication requests - please speak to dispensary
- Fitness to work certificates (sick notes) - try e-consult
- Follow up appointments for ongoing conditions
- Immunisations and vaccinations
- Medicals such as HGV and insurance medicals
- Request for a letters - please speak to the secretary first
- Travel advice
- Minor operations