Travel Immunisations

Our Practice Nurses can administer travel immunisations available on the NHS (Polio, Typhoid, Hepatitis A and Cholera) provided they are required for the country you are visiting.

Please access to find out what immunisations are required for the country you are travelling to before booking your appointment. Please note the Practice needs to be notified of travel requirements at least two months prior to travel.

If you require other travel vaccinations you can book these at the Travel Clinic in Ipswich, telephone number 0845 5480543 or 03301 004126.

Patients who are attending our travel clinic for the first time need to complete a 'Travel Health Risk Assessment Form'.

To download the form click here.

Travelling abroad with Medication

We all have heard in the news of people being imprisoned for carrying illegal medication into a country and we have the following advice for our patients travelling with medication:

  • It is the patient’s responsibility to establish the rules for their destination, airline and any country they are travelling through. These may all be different!
  • You need to remember prescribed AND over-the-counter medications. (In some areas, common over-the-counter medications such as nasal decongestant inhalers (VICKS to you and I) and cough linctus are banned.)
  • Even travelling within Europe may require some care if you are using controlled drugs:
    • Government advice is that a patient must be able to prove controlled medication belongs to them to travel into or out of the UK.
    • This requires a letter outlining use and countersigned by ‘the person who prescribed the drugs’.
    • If carrying more than 3 months’ supply, they will also need a Home Office licence: 

We advise you to contact the Embassy to ensure your medication is permitted.

More information about travelling with medication can be found on

In some cases you may require a letter for travel and as this is not a NHS service there will be a charge.

Travelling in Europe

If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.

Foreign Office Travel Alerts

Click the following link to see the current Foreign Office Travel Alerts

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website